We Understand Your Top Issues
Understanding your Spending Policy, Investment Policy Statement and Contribution Schedule is key.
- Spending Policy
- Continue to grow foundation assets while fulfilling 5% spending requirement
- Administrative costs (2% on average)
- Inflation (3% historically)
Why are Spending Policies important?
- They establish an agreement among trustees about investment guidelines and objectives
- They afford consistency of objectives even if trustee membership changes
- They create benchmarks to measure and evaluate performance
- This helps the foundation determine spending strategy vs. investment strategy
- Better investment policies and planning to meet long-term investment goals
- The fluctuations in the amount of annual giving, smoothing the effects of yearly portfolio volatility